Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
The BA programme course in Semester Mode is meant to meet the need for an under graduate programme and is relevant to the immediate environment of social opportunities on one hand and gives the students the basic intellectual tools expected of a programme of higher education on the other hand. The programme is structured by the university to enable the students to acquire the thinking ability, linguistic skills, and broad based knowledge needed to enter the world of work. The module of the programme is such that students are required to take compulsory and elective subjects. In the compulsory subjects, students are required to take language paper of English and Hindi along with papers of Environmental Studies and Computer Education Level-I. In the category of Elective subjects, there are three broad groups of subjects and the students are required to take any two subjects from any two broad groups.
Minimum Eligibility Conditions:
- Pass in Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education, Haryana with English as a subject or any other Examination recognized as equivalent to by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- For admission in B.A. Part-I minimum marks in qualifying examination is 35%.
- There shall be no rounding off marks from 0.5% and above to next higher number for determining the eligibility the eligibility for admission to various courses.
- These conditions are the minimum eligibility conditions for applying for admission to the courses. Admission will be granted strictly on merit basis after preparing the merit list of candidates who have applied for admission as per the procedure/instructions issued by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
Course Structure of B.A. Programme
(A) Compulsory Subjects
|CE||Computer Education Level-I|
(B) Elective Subjects
|Sr. No||Subject||Sr. No||Subject|
|1.||Mathematics, Home Science||2.||Punjabi, Music Vocal|
|3.||Mathematics, Commercial Art||4.||Punjabi, Political Science|
|Punjabi, Music Instrumental|
|Mathematics, Punjabi||8.||Punjabi, Commercial Art|
|Punjabi, Physical Education|
|11.||History, Political Science||
|Punjabi, Home Science|
|13.||Home Science, Economics||
|Political Science, Sanskrit|
|15.||History, Home Science||
|Political Science, Music Vocal|
|17.||History, Physical Education||18.||Political Science, Music Instrumental|
|19.||History, Music Vocal||20.||Political Science, Home Science|
|21.||History, Music Instrumental||22.||Political Science, Physical Education|
|23.||History, Commercial Art||24.||Political Science, Commercial Art|
|Sanskrit, Music Vocal|
|Sanskrit, Music Instrument|
|30.||Economics, Pol. Science||
|Sanskrit, Home Science|
|32.||Economics Music Vocal||
|Sanskrit, Physical Education|
|34.||Economics, Music Instrumental||35.||Sanskrit, Commercial Art|
|36.||Economics, Commercial Art||
|Home Science, Music Vocal|
|38.||Economics, Punjabi||39.||Home Science, Music Instrument|
|40.||Economics, Sanskrit||41.||Physical Education, Commercial Art|
|42.||Economics, Physical education|
- Mathematics can be opted only with Economics by the students who had Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level.
- If in any subject the number of students remains less than 20, then that subject will be discontinued and the students will be shifted in other subject depending upon the availability of the seats in that subject.
- If in any combination, the number of students remains less than 5, then that combination will be discontinued.
- Elective subjects opted in BA Part-I shall continue in BA Part-II & III also.